Friday 8 July 2016

Welcome to my blog!

Well, hello there!
Que the most generic first time blog entry...
So as you can see I have began my own blog! This is basically a personal project of mine which will keep me writing now that I have finished uni with a degree in English literature. It is also quite scary, putting yourself out there, releasing your inner thoughts for everyone to read. But alas, this is a lifestyle blog which will be full of my own personal musings, thoughts and opinions on various aspects of life.

So here is a little bit about me, an introduction if you will....

ABOUT ME!



THE BASICS
My name is Niamh Burns and I come from Northern Ireland. I am 21, turning 22 in September which I am not happy about (how did I get so old??) I currently live in a town called Coleraine which is located on the North Coast of Ireland. Not many people know it but the North Coast is actually really, pretty and as much as Northern Ireland has its bad parts, one thing I can say is that it is a beautiful country especially where I live. In my spare time I like to walk around seaside towns such as Portstewart and Portrush and scour the beaches nearby. Where I live is OK at the minute but I do dream of moving away and living in a city.

LIKES 
I'm a pretty simple gal, as long as I have three things in life I am happy enough. Those three things happen to be travel, wine and good coffee. I am a big travel nerd, I love visiting different countries and experiencing different cultures. My favourite country is France so I suppose you could consider me as something of a Francophile. My favourite city in the entire world is obviously Paris but I do think some UK cities are great and under-appreciated. I am partial to a good bottle of rose wine and am most content sitting in a nice coffee shop, with a cappuccino in hand amongst interesting people.

DISLIKES 
Pretentious people, mathematics and working in retail. The latter is somewhat of a necessary evil because in this day and age, for young people it seems the only job sector available is retail, which is something that I will write about in future. I also think manners are so important and that kindness costs nothing.

UNIVERSITY, EDUCATION 
I have just graduated from university which is such a scary realisation! My degree was in English and I studied at Ulster University in Coleraine. Although I enjoyed it and met great people at uni, I am well and truly ready to move on to the next stage of my life! I have been in education all of my life and at 21, I am ready to take a break from coursework and exam stress! I did toy with the idea of a masters but I think it is best for me to remove myself from university and work for a bit. However I am still very interested in journalism as writing and current affairs is a massive passion of mine. I would like to one day enrol on a NCTJ/masters course in the future, so we'll see whats in store for me.


So that's all for now I think. I'm looking forward to publishing future lifestyle and opinion posts and I hope those who do come across this blog, will enjoy what I post in the future!

Niamh x

No comments:

Post a Comment